Beaver County Conservation District

156 Cowpath Road

Aliquippa, PA 15001

Phone: (724) 378-1701



Erosion and Sediment Control


Assistance with permit acquisition, voluntary compliance, and complaint inspections is a fundamental responsibility of Beaver Conservation District. DEP has delegated the District for the handling of construction development and stream encroachments planning and implementation. We are here to help companies and members of the public alike.

Permit Application 102:

Effective August 20, 2019, the Beaver County Conservation District (BCCD) is no longer authorized to accept new applications for permits or new E&S plans under Chapter 102.  All such applications and plans must be submitted to DEP’s Southwest Regional Office (DEP), Waterways and Wetlands Program (400 Waterfront Drive, Pittsburgh, PA 15222-4745).


If you have submitted an application or Plan to BCCD before August 20, 2019, please be advised that it may be transferred to DEP if BCCD is unable to process the application or approve the Plan prior to October 18, 2019.  BCCD will notify you if your application or Plan has been transferred.


Three checks are required: the first is the NOI filing fee, the permit review fee, and the disturbed acres to the Commonwealth Clean Water Fund. All projects on High-Quality watersheds require an Individual NPDES Permit and are required to implement riparian buffer areas.  These are areas where no disturbance may occur within 150 feet from any stream, wetland, river, pond, etc.

Permit Application Fees 102/105

Adequacy Review Submit in conjunction with all permit applications

Activities that disturb one acre of land during the life of the project are now required to have a National Pollutant Discharge Elimination System (NPDES) permit. Construction activities that disturb less than one acre should have an Erosion and Sediment control plan. 

Notice of Intent

NPDES Application

Construction Stormwater

Small Projects E&S Plan Template


Utilize the following hyperlinks in conjunctions with your NPDES permit.

Co-Permittee Transfer Application

Visual Site Inspection

Notice of Termination

Permit Application 105:

Click the link below for Chapter 105 General Permits

Permit Application Fees 102/105

Adequacy Review Submit in conjunction with all permit applications

Small Projects E&S Plan Template

Program Highlights:

  • Disturbances under 5,000 sq. ft. do not require plans to be approved by the conservation district. Erosion control devices for these activities are still required during all earth moving. 

  • Disturbances greater than 5,000 sq. ft. but less than one acre require an erosion and sediment control plan to be approved by the district or DEP. Click here for a complete plan checklist

  • Disturbances on acre or greater require a National Pollution Discharge Elimination System (NPDES) permit and associated post construction stormwater management plan (PCSM) or site restoration plan.

  • Complaints should be in reference to soil pollution, stream pollution, and non-permitted construction.

  • Best management practices are required during earth moving.


Timber Harvesting Plans are reviewed by the Conservation District. Information on best practices for timber harvesting is also available at the Conservation District Office.

Contact the district with questions